It’s that time of the year when the spirit of the holidays takes over as the coldest season is nearing its climax. But there is no place as cold as outer space. And there is no spirit stronger than a spirit of a heated battle in Hellpoint, a brutal sci-fi action/RPG developed by Cradle Games and published by tinyBuild. If you’re new to the game, check out some tips that might help you get started.
We are more than excited to announce that we are bringing a massive online PvP update — Hellpoint Arena! Now, in addition to fighting cosmic evil alongside your friends, you can compete against them in an arena located in a gigantic, abandoned space station.
Equip your character or choose from several presets and take on the best souls-like players in the world! You will have to combine melee and ranged weaponry, mix up different attacks and use abilities to put your opponents away to move up the leaderboards. The newly implemented matchmaking system lets you connect with opponents close to your skill and level.
Among other additions is the open online multiplayer system. Instead of placing co-op or PvP invites at certain points of the space station, now you can join other players’ sessions or have them join your game at any time regardless of your location. To fight with or against them—is up to you.
One more awesome thing we are introducing with this huge holiday update is brand new armor sets. To obtain these, you will have to participate in (and win) online battles.
Hellpoint Arena is a permanent update, not limited by the holidays, and it’s available now on Xbox One. If you’re playing Hellpoint on Xbox Series X|S, make sure to unlock framerate in the Gameplay Settings for enhanced performance. A full, next-gen version for Xbox Series X|S will release in 2021. Also, please join our official Discord server to chat with Hellpoint’s developers.
Hellpoint is a dark and challenging action RPG set in a heavily atmospheric sci-fi universe where the line between science and occultism is blurred.
Once a pinnacle of human achievement, the Irid Novo space station has fallen. Its ruins are now overrun by cruel interdimensional entities acting as puppets of the malevolent Cosmic Gods. You have been created by the Author, organically printed on Irid Novo and sent on a mission to find out the unholy series of events that led to the catastrophic incident known as the Merge.
– Irid Novo is a massive interconnected world full of mysteries, hidden passages and secrets within secrets – all for you to explore in any order you like. More dread and shivers awaits you as you travel deeper into the darkest corner of this forsaken colony.
– Dozens of melee and ranged weapons and armor pieces to suit your playstyle. Every weapon has unique special abilities that unlock the more you fight with them.
– A fascinating new sci fi universe reminiscent of classic sci-fi movies, set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm and complete with a deep lore and goosebump inducing soundtrack.
– The space station orbits in real time around an ominous black hole that triggers various dynamic events such as boss appearances, horde assaults as well as modified enemy stats and positions.
– If you are struggling, ask a friend to press Start to join in a couch coop session, or call for assistance online. The entire game can be completed uninterrupted in coop. The loot is shared, and the experience of local player two is saved and not watered down.