The roguelike card crawler Ring of Pain has been given a new patch on Switch. A Lunar New Year update is live, and it includes community requested features, new items, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
New community requested features:
– Fast mode setting to speed up card positioning.
– Hovering distant creature cards now inspects them (you can disable this in settings).
– Setting option to darken the Shadow room background.
– Setting option to confirm before exiting a dungeon.
Separating difficulty selection from Light items
– We’ve unlinked Candles from specific difficulties. This means you can play any difficulty with any Light item. It also means we can treat Light items as a sort of game mode selection. We can add more of them and you can play in the way you prefer.
– 2 new Light items to unlock:
– 5+ new bridging items to help more risky early game builds survive long enough to collect synergies… and a new year Legendary weapon: Metal Ox.
Plus more bug fixing and improvements!